Acne Scar Treatment Dark Spots. Acne is the worst nightmare especially before attending the most important meeting or just catching up on an event. Teenage acne is the most embarrassing situation for an age group of 13-18 years.
Although teenage acne goes on its own the scars caused by the acne remain even for a lifetime. However, there are many creams and bleaches available in the store that claim to have the best fading effects but some of them are either harmful or useless.
However, each individual has a different skin type which is specific to that person and the same formulas are not applicable to them. Acne scars sometimes become even more embarrassing than the acne itself as it gives you an unhygienic and ugly look.
Usually, we try to hide these marks using cosmetics but these are not applicable in a natural look and therefore its credibility is short term. Homemade DIY are always worth trying and is beneficial for many of us. In fact, it does not harm if it does not gives you what you demanded at first.
Acne scar mask:
Here are the ingredients and method to use and make the mask that will help you look spotless and removes those stubborn marks that cause shame for you.
- Water 1 cup
- Oatmeal ½ cup
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
- Cinnamon powder 1 tablespoon
How to make and apply:
- Simply heat one cup water in a saucepan or kettle.
- Add lemon juice and oatmeal in the warm water and stir well.
- Keep the saucepan on the stove for few minutes then remove from the heat.
- Allow it cool and add the cinnamon powder in the paste.
- Now apply this paste on the face and affected area and then let it dry for 25-30 minutes.
- Use this mask once a week for at least a month and you will get rid of stubborn marks and scars.
- Always make fresh before the application and do not save the paste more than 24 hours for better results.
- Usually, no complains are reported about this mask however you might feel little itching while applying as cinnamon have a tinkling effect.
- It’s recommended having a small skin patch test to avoid any side effects.
- If you still have acne then take a recommendation from a dermatologist before applying this mask.
- Do not overuse as it has strong ingredients that might cause thinning of the skin which makes your skin prone to infections.
How it works:
Oatmeal is one of the natural ways of exfoliating the skin and lighters the shade. Usually, people keep oatmeal based scrubs in the bathrooms to use it instantly get the best results as much as possible. Lemon juice cleanses up the remaining infections in the scars and removes the marks.
In addition, it also possesses bleaching property that helps in cleaning as well as lightning the marks. Cinnamon powder has lightening property and keeps your skin pH to a normal level that reduces the inflammation and other infections.